Below are some of the rules, laws, and regulations applicable to METRO, and the list of agencies that regulate their correct compliance.
• User Rules and Regulations
• Hiring and Contracting Rules and Regulations
• 1997 Decree 3109: Which regulates the authorization, the service provision of passenger public mass transportation, and the use of State resources.
• Metropolitan Resolution No. MO-001331: Which regulates the transportation of pet type domestic animals in public mass transportation equipped with metropolitan action radio and in Sistema Integrado de Transporte del Valle de Aburrá SITVA (the Valle de Aburrá Integrated Transit System).
• 1989 Law 86: Which state rules and regulations for public, urban mass passenger transit systems and foresees financing resources.
• 1993 Law 105: Which states basic provisions for transportation, redistributes jurisdiction and resources among the national government and the regional agencies, and regulates transportation sector planning, among others.
• 1996 Law 310: Which modifies 1989 Law 86.
• 1996 Law 336: Which orders the transportation sector to obey the National Transportation Statute.
• 2002 Law 769: Which issues the National Ground Transportation Code and states other provisions.
Click here to see the list of agencies that regulate METRO’s operations.
PBX: 57 (4) 4548888