Recommendations for using the Metropolitan Transit System
Recommendations for USE
• Purchase your ticket faster by paying in exact change and keep your ticket in good condition. This is indispensible for entering the Metropolitan Transit System.
• Stand behind the yellow line until the train comes to a full stop and opens its doors.
• Upon hearing the signal for doors closing, do not try to enter or exit the train.
• The red button and the blue lever must only be used in case of emergency.
• Should any object fall to the railway, immediately seek help from Metro personnel. Do not try to retrieve the object yourself.
• Always use the stairs to change platforms. The rail areas are meant for train transit only.
• For their safety, children must be holding the hand of an adult at all times inside the system.
• Avoid placing your hands on or leaning against the train doors.
Recommendations for the common good
• For faster, safer entry to the train, let arriving passengers exit the train first.
• Do not enter the Metropolitan Transit System while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• To allow arriving passengers into the train, stand on both sides of the doors.
• For your health and everybody’s safety, smoking is not allowed inside the stations.
• Travel by metropolitan train carrying small, light hand-held articles.
• Give special treatment to pregnant women, elderly persons, persons with reduced mobility, and persons carrying small children.
• Dispose of the trash in its proper place.
• Keeping the METRO system clean is very easy. Finish your food or beverage before entering the stations.